Looking for a legitimate FastCow Review? FatCow hosting is well-known as one of the oldest as well as cheapest web hosting in the industry. They are more focused on beginners and DIY hosting services.
Stay with this article to know more and more about FatCow web hosting. We want you to read the full FatCow Hosting Review to understand whether the FatCow web hosting is right for you or not.
FatCow web hosting is well suited to those individuals who are looking for a reliable and affordable alternative to web hosting solution. The Company is also known for its fast and responsive customer support.
FastCow web hosting service provider offers you a free storage, domain name, and bandwidth amounts tailored to your needs, unlimited mailboxes, and free and ready-to-use templates for your sites and blogs. You will also be entitled to $100 worth search credit for Bing ads, WordPress and Joomla-empowered content management for your blog and $100 bonus for Google AdWords.
Creating a site on FatCow, is not the only options available for you. But the web hosting service provider makes it possible to transfer an existing domain for free, a cost solution that is particularly attractive to sole website owners and small businesses. And if you want to take your online performance on the next level, then FatCow will provide you with VPS and dedicated hosting packages for more flexibility and control.
Furthermore, like most other shared hosting companies, FatCow also provides a website builder, email, and various complementary services to web hosting with a 30-day money back guarantee and 24-hour support.
Before getting deep into the FatCow Review, let me tell you a few things about FatCow. FatCow is one of the oldest web hosting in the hosting industry. It was founded back in the year 1998 by Jackie Fewell, before being acquired by the infamous EIG (Endurance International Group) who also owns Bluehost, HostGator, and many others in 2004.
FatCow offers web-marketing, shared-hosting, and site-management tools for thousands of websites owners. The main goal of the company is to provide customers with outstanding support and uptime, and innovative technologies.
Pros and Cons of Using FatCow Hosting
FatCow is one of the most user-friendly services in the marker, so here we have mentioned some of their best features and service that the company has to offer to the customers. Here are the some of the pros for considering FatCow.
1. User-friendly Control Panel: Fatcow offers user-friendly control panel (cPanel), which is the most convenient one and easy to use for a website creation and web development. This control panel has been designed to facilitate doing modifications to your site, even if you do not have much knowledge about it. The cPanel is, however, an amazing tool to help you to run your business in an easy and effective manner.
2. Good Customer Support: Like the other web hosting services, Fatcow also has top quality customer support that you can access 24 hours a day and 7 days a week; all the time. You will also get assistance from the support team by sending them an email or calling them through a toll-free number or by chatting live with the staff or by submitting a ticket. The hosting company’s staffs follow “Heifercratic Oath” through which, they all have promised to answer your call in less than two minutes and provide you with the proper solutions for your questions.
3. No hidden costs: As we all know that most hosting services offer a low cost at first, but later they charge you unreasonably high. And you keep up paying more than you thought at the end. However, that is not the case in FatCow. Their pricing is real as well as the renewals and long-term price are fairly normal.
4. Free Site Transfers and Domain Names: If you have an existing site somewhere else, then FatCow helps you to transfer your site free of charge. FatCow Assuming you have an existing website hosted somewhere else, FatCow will help you transfer it free of charge. Not only that, but they offer you a free domain name for new account signups.
5. 30-Day Money Back Guarantee: Like the other web hosting companies, FatCow also offers a standard of 30-day money back guarantee on all hosting plans.
6. Eco-Friendly Web Host: Like GreenGeeks web hosting, FatCow also believes in environmentally friendly hosting. Though it is not quite as completely powered by wind energy like GreenGeeks, FatCow is still commendable. FatCow also purchases Renewable Energy Certificates, and the RECs that they purchase are usually used to generate wind energy to negate their regular energy usage in the office. Actually, they purchase twice the amount that they use. They claim to prevent the release of 999 metric tons of CO2 into the atmosphere every year.
Cons of Using FatCow Hosting
- Backups Aren’t Free: Minor website issues or issues tend to pop up from time to time as you are working on making site changes or updates. That is the reason why many web hosts offer backups to help protect their customers. Likewise, FatCow offers them, but they will set you back with an extra $16.95 per year. That’s really a bad news! Don’t get disheartened. There is one good news for you and that is this upgrade includes daily backups, where the extra cost might be worth it.
- Extra Security Cost: The Company provides you with some excellent security features like SiteLock, which can protect your site against cyber attacks, malware, and many more. The full protection includes daily malware and vulnerability scans, a web application firewall, and automatic malware removal, and many more, will you cost you as much as $38.75 per month.
- The Speed factor: Another drawback of FatCow is its speed factor, which is not its forte. While the average industry speed is 890 ms, the speed of the FatCow is 1347 ms. This may surely affect your business as half of your visitors may back-off if the website does not load in a few seconds.
Conclusion: Do We Recommend FatCow?
After putting all this information together, we came to the conclusion that FatCow is relatively a good web hosting company, which is only best suited for small businesses and beginners with such a small and simple website.
Because of its free perks, low cost, and simple plan, FatCow is very easy to use web hosting even for those individuals who even don’t have that much of experience with hosting websites. However, if you want to build a larger website, or have a lot of traffic, then we would highly recommend you to go with a more reliable and higher performance tool