Not sure if iPage right web host for your website? Looking to switch from a competitor? Regardless of why you are looking at iPage, this iPage Hosting review will help you determine if their hosting services are right for you.
iPage is a popular budget host with several hosting packages built for lots of web hosting needs and requirements. For many years, the company has been doing great web hosting with various features and professional customer support. iPage is also considered as one of the cheapest web hosting service provider in the hosting market.
Undeniably, iPage has endured the test of time, but is this web host still a good choice for 2018? Read our full iPage Hosting review below to find out.
iPage is a web hosting and domain registration company in Burlington, MA. It is owned by the Endurance International Group (EIG), which owns the other popular web hosting companies including Bluehost, VPS Link, JustHost, HostMonster, FatCow, Dot5 Hosting, and many more on the list.
iPage also offers a wide range of web hosting solution for webmasters and online businesses to create websites. They offer the cheapest and the low-cost shared web hosting packages which are relatively suitable for small sites. Not only that, but iPage also offer a drag and drop based site builder that helps non-techy users to create a website without any coding knowledge.
iPage was initially founded in 1998 as a full web service provider by Thomas Gorny. However, the company completely re-launched operations as a web hosting provider in the year 2009. It is currently run by Endurance International Group, which is also the owner of other web hosting companies such as HostGator and BlueHost.
iPage has been in the market for over ten years but was not popular until its re-launched year 2009. One of the main reason why iPage is popular is that it is a budget hosting. It is not only a cheap web hosting but also a great web host that has more than 2 million domain names in its service.
Features of iPage
Before we dive into the detailed iPage Hosting review, let’s take a quick look at some of its unique features:
iPage provides a shared hosting plan that enables users to host unlimited domains for a monthly fee. Some of the features offered by iPage are quite similar to other unlimited shared hosting services and that include unlimited disk storage, data transfers, email addresses, and add-on domain names, FTP accounts, and MySQL databases.
iPage also offers WordPress hosting solutions which are basically shared servers pre-configured to run WordPress. iPage claims they are run by 100% wind power on their “Green Web Hosting” page.
Furthermore, iPage’s hosting plans boast free domain registration, pre-installed themes and plugins, free site builder tools, free security tools, free search engine marketing credits, video tutorials, 24/7 support, and many other user-friendly features.
Pros and Cons of using iPage Hosting
As we all know that all the web companies have their own pros and cons. Some of you can live with and some you cannot ignore. First, let’s take a deep look at the advantages that make iPage the great choice.
- Cheap & Inexpensive Hosting: iPage Hosting comes in at only $1.99 per month, making it one of the cheapest web hosts available in the industry. This rate not only applies to their long-term deals (36-months), but also to a shorter term of 12 months. That means you don’t have to get locked into a three-year deal just to get the best-advertised rate.
- Customer Support: One of the reasons you may want to consider iPage is their 24/7 customer service. The iPage customer support is always ready for 24/7 hours to help you out with almost anything. Not only live chat is available for 24/7 in the company but also phone support is available at all hours for all customers.
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee: All web hosts offer some kind of money back guarantee. Likewise, iPage also offers a 30-day money back guarantee. If you contact them within 30 days of purchasing and request a refund, they will give it to you with no any questions asked.
- Uptime of 99.98%: While iPage’s pricing is among the cheapest, their uptime is among the highest (including HostGator). That’s is really impressive. Their average uptime of 99.98% over the past 12 months is relatively higher than many of the other web hosts. Furthermore, iPage also claims to offer 24/7 uptime monitoring. If a site goes down, iPage’s support begins working to get things back online immediately.
- Security: All their plans are interlinked with Site Lock that ultimately acts as the first line of defense in protection against all cyber threats. This means it will handle everything by itself and intercept any malicious threats coming your way.
- User-Friendliness: One of the reasons why users love this hosting and prefer it over the most is its user-friendliness features. Regardless of all the features, performance levels, and service standards, user-friendliness is an aspect that every subscriber looks for in a service like this. Taking that into consideration, iPage has kept its site builder sleek and simple, making it easy to understand for the users.
Cons of Using iPage Hosting
iPage is not without some disadvantages that you should be aware of before signing up.
- No cPanel: One of the main drawbacks of using Ipage is that almost every single web host will let you use cPanel. However, it is not the case with the iPage as they go with lesser known cPanel alternative vDeck. That isn’t a good news, as cPanel tends to be more user-friendly and up-to-date than vDeck for more sophisticated users.
- High renewal rates: As it is known that iPage offers good introductory pricing on their shared hosting. However, it is available only if you commit for three years, and the renewal rate after the promotional is much higher.
- No SSD storage: Though iPage has some plans built on cloud technology, they are not yet to offer SSD storage as well, which delivers better speed and performance than traditional hard drives.
Conclusion: Do We Recommend iPage?
Yes, if you have a small website, they will do just fine. Low prices ($1.99/month for the 3-year plan) and the availability of LiveChat Support make iPage one of the most appealing web hosting services around the world.
That might be true, but hosting with them can make your website slightly slow and the other thing that should be aware of is their renewal fees.
As already mentioned above, it has such a user-friendly design that is easy to use and has all the settings and features you need to set up your website.
All in all, iPage is reliable, super affordable, offers a good customer support, and a remarkable hosting if you just want to test out or to see whether your new blog will work out for you or not.
But if you are you are looking for an affordable shared hosting company with almost as intro pricing, better long-term pricing, and much better product, then we would recommend you to check out InMotion Hosting here.