Can’t decide whether you should sign up with One.com and host your website with them? We give you the facts and the best deals to help you decide, read our One.com review for important facts that will help you decide whether One.com Hosting is right hosting service for you.
One.com is considered one of the smaller website builders in the industry, currently hosting over 1.5 million customers. The company is also well-known a provider of a cheap web hosting packages and website building tools.
The main goal of One.com is to provide very simple, flexible, and user-friendly hosting services at both the entry-level and professional level. And One.com has been able to meet the needs and requirements of a diverse set of clients.
The company must be lacking in some areas when compared to website builders or traditional web hosting, but the company has never compromise in term of the quality of offering provided.
Furthermore, while talking about its popularity, One.com has successfully garnered a considerable amount of recognition and awards over the course of the past several years. It was awarded the Editor’s Choice award by PC Magazine Belgium and Netherland in 2009. Also, the company was named the UK’s best budget web hosting provider by the UK Web Host Directory in 2009. It was also named the best web host provider in Netzsieger’s comparison of web hosts in the year 2013.
It’s clearly seen that this web hosting company has a truly viable website solution for users of all levels.
One.com is a leading Denmark-based web host and domain registrar that currently served 1.5 million customers, providing services to nearly 150 countries around the world. It was established in 2002 as B-one.
Since then, the company has quickly grown into an international web hosting company. Based in Denmark, the company also has offices in Holland, Dubai, and the UK. One.com runs only one data center, in Denmark, and has about more than 270 employees.
Hence, despite its international reach, the company remains a fairly small web hosting provider. Even with this single data center, the company hosts over 1 million members.
Pros and Cons of using One.com Hosting
One.com offers plenty of amazing features for a great price but is tough to handle. But once you get past its interface quirks, you can put up a great site in very little time indeed. Read the complete details of the One.com website builder’s pros and cons in our detailed One.com Hosting review.
1. In-house website builder with professional designed template: This feature is great for those individuals who want a website without coding, and makes building user-friendly, attractive website straightforward and easy.
2. Budget hosting plan with dedicated resources: With all of One.com hosting plans, one will get dedicated resources for their server. The basic starter plan comes up with 1CPU that clocks in 512MB RAM whereas the Business plan gives a whopping 4GB RAM with 8 CPUs.
3. Great for newbies and small sites: If you are a newbie who is just starting out a website or a blog, then One.com is perfect for you as their plans are very affordable and allow you to upgrade easily. You can also start out with a small plan that cost you only $2.45 per month for life, and you can later upgrade it later when your site grows bigger.
4. Website Builder Plan: When it comes to hosting, the company provides you with a number of solutions with dedicated resources for demanding websites. One.com not only have a Website Builder plan which comes with a website builder tool but they do have a WordPress optimized hosting plan and Web shops plan that helpsyou to start an online store easily using WordPress or website builder.
5. Includes Special Features: The Company provides some amazing features that other big web hosting companies may not. One of these features is Bix. Bix provides webmasters file sharing options, with real-time synchronization, and music streaming features. The app also allows you to share, import, and cache a variety of media, including photos and music. Interestingly, this features comes standard with all plans.
Cons of Using One.com Hosting
In the paragraphs, we talked about its features and why they are important to building your website. Now, we will discuss some of its weak points such as short period of trial period and confusing ordering process. Let’s take a closer look at it.
1. Short money-back trial period (15-day money back guarantee): Before signing up with One.com, you must make sure what you want, as One.com has only a 15-day money-back guarantee period. While another big web hosting provides at least 30 days money back guarantee.
2. Confusing Ordering Process: The first step of the ordering process of One.com is quite confusing. You have to search for a domain even if you are transferring an existing domain over to the web hosting services. You also need a telephone to activate your order, so make that input a valid phone number when ordering.
3. Additional Setup Fee: Since One.com offers reasonable pricing for its plans, however, they charge an additional fee for setup. Unluckily, it does not seem like one can skip the setup fee and do it themselves manually.
As we reach the conclusion of our One.com Hosting review, we definitely hope that it helped you to decide whether or not you should host your site with them. Every site is different and the only thing you have to do is just determine whether this web host best suits your needs or not.
Conclusion: Do We Recommend One.com?
Yes, it highly depends on your choice!
If you are looking for a web hosting provider that offers website creation and blog support, then One.com is one of the cheapest options for you (starting at $1.89/mo, or $22.68 per year).
With the One.com, one can get an attractive website, a photo gallery, email mailboxes, cloud storage, and some reporting tools. In short, if you are just looking to establish a web presence, then One.com might fit your needs.
As it is known that One.com offers quality hosting services at good prices, but this web hosting is only suited for newbies who are just starting out. It might not be the better option for more advanced bloggers who are getting tons of traffic.It is highly recommended for individual bloggers or site owners who are looking for a budget web host.
In addition to that, One.com offers only one shared hosting plan that includes one-step WordPress blogging, email, website builder, and a few other tools. Plus, there is also no VPS or dedicated hosting services available.