Do you want to read an unbiased GreenGeeks Hosting Review? I guess you are here to know if you should trust GreenGeeks as your new host for your WordPress site or Blog, Right!
Ok, if you want all the best features at a low price then GreenGeeks will be your best choice. Apart from saving a few money, you will be saving the globe as well, because of their green energy policy.
Yes, GreenGeeks is a green hosting service provider who uses its renewable energy to power up their servers and to reduce Cheap Chanel Shawl carbon footprint caused by their servers. Interestingly, GreenGeeks not only provide green servers but they also provide them at a reasonable price. For instances, their shared hosting prices start at just 3.95$ per month.
As we have mentioned every detail below in the GreenGeeks Hosting Review, it’s up to you whether you will choose GreenGeeks or not. Let’s take a closer look at it!
Like any web hosting company, GreenGeeks provides server space for your website and makes concerted effort to be environmentally friendly in several ways. They produce their own power by using their wind farm and put three times the power they use back into the grid.
GreenGeeks is amazingly doing great by providing industry-leading green web hosting to the world. Not only they provide a quality all-inclusive web hosting plan along with unlimited resources features, but they also let you host multiple domains. In addition, GreenGeeks hosting is suitable for various types of websites. Plus, their customer support response times are excellent.
Due to its recent revamping of shared hosting platform, GreenGeeks is even going better and better these days. There are now improvements in website speed, performance, and security.
A web hosting provider GreenGeeks was founded in 2007 by the entrepreneur Trey Gardner. The company was located in Los Angeles, California, and has now successfully powered over 300,000 websites.
The main goal of this company is to be environmentally friendly as possible, and they aim to mitigate this by purchasing wind energy credits. They purchase 3 times the amount of power they use. They are also an EPA Green Power Partner.
Features of GreenGeeks
Despite providing only one shared hosting plan, GreenGeeks offers solid services and features. The users can enjoy free email accounts, free SSL encryption, a drag-and-drop web builder, and various other storage options. Here are some of the features:
Storage and bandwidth: GreenGeeks provides unlimited SSD storage, data transfer, MySQL databases, and unlimited sub and parked domains. (Note: while unlimited does not mean infinite, instead it refers to a reasonable range that the hosting company expects you to operate within.). Many other web hosting companies that we reviewed so far, did not provide this level of detail in its offering.
Security: The level of security provided by GreenGeeks is worth-noting. It reinforces its offering with free PCI compliance, SSL encryption, redundancy, pro-active server monitoring, SPAM protection, real-time security scans, automatic updates and nightly data backup.
Pre-installed apps/integration: GreenGeeks provides the latest version of cPanel to monitor and control your site. It also integrates with Softaculous, which supports more than 200 apps, such as WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal.
Pros and Cons of using GreenGeeks
No web hosting company is perfect, and there are some pros and cons to consider before you make the decision to use GreenGeeks as your web host or not.
- Environmentally Friendly: One of the standout features of GreenGeeks is that they are environmentally friendly web hosting company. Being recognized as an EPA Green Power Partner, GreenGeeks is considered as one of the most eco-friendly web hosting providers existing today.
Not sure what Green Hosting is? And why is it so important to you?
Green Hosting is important to preserve our environment as much as we can. We have to preserve it for our own well-being and for our future generations. With consideration, web hosting servers worldwide are powered by fossil fuels, one individual web hosting server produces 1,390 pounds of CO2 per year.
The company is proud to provide the clients with web hosting powered by renew. GreenGeeks uses energy-efficient hardware to host their site data.
- eCommerce Capable: There is a great news for those individuals who are planning to run an online shop! It is because GreenGeeks hosting plans have come up with many eCommerce features. Firstly, you will receive a free Let’s Encrypt Wildcard SSL certificate to reassure users that their personal, as well as financial information, is 100% secure. Secondly, if you need a shopping cart on your e-commerce site, then you can install one using GreenGeek one-click install software. Last but not least, GreenGeeks servers are PCI compliant, which further secures your website data.
- Reliable Infrastructure: Power, speed, and security are the most important elements when it comes to web hosting. With that taking into consideration, GreenGeeks built their whole system using reliable infrastructure, powered by 300% clean, renewable energy.
- Latest Speed Technology: Speed is such an important feature in web hosting. The faster your website loads, it’s better for your site visitors. After all, most website visitors will ignore your website if it fails to load even for just 2 seconds. Hence, GreenGeeks invests in all the latest speed technology to make sure your web pages load at lightning fast speeds.
- SSD Hard Drives. Your databases and site’s files are stored in SSD hard drives, which are faster than hard disk drives.
- Fast Servers. When a website visitor clicks on your site, the web and database servers deliver content up to 50 times faster.
- CDN Services. GreenGeeks provides free CDN services powered by CloudFlare to cache your content and deliver it fast to your website visitors.
- HTTP/2. GreenGeeks provides HTTP/2 which is used for faster page loading in-browser, and use to improve client-server communication.
Cons of Using GreenGeeks
There are a few cons that you want to consider before choosing GreenGeek Hosting as your host.
- Phone Support Not Available 24/7: Phone support is not available from midnight to 9 am. If you face a problem in the early hours of the morning, you must use email support or live chat instead.
- Set-up Fee for Monthly Billing: If you choose the month-to-month billing, there is only a $15 set-up fee. The fee is waived if you pay for a year or more.
- Refund Don’t Include Setup and Domain Fees: Under GreenGeeks 30-day money back guarantee policy, you will receive a complete refund if you are not happy, no questions asked. However, the refund does not include a setup fee, domain name registration fee, or even transfer fees.
Conclusion: Do We Recommend GreenGeeks?
All in all, GreenGeeks hosting is a great host for any websites. If you are concerned about your environmental impact then GreenGeeks is a dependably green web host. It’s commitment to making its service 300% green is really appealing to those users who have the same outlook.
Plus, it provides a solid service, a reliable server, automated backups, top-notch security measures, easy server management with cPanel, a plethora of support options, and even the ability to use dedicated WordPress hosting, if that’s all you want, then this could be the perfect choice for you.
However, there are some things that you need to consider before signing up. GreenGeeks doesn’t list multiple plans for its shared hosting services. It doesn’t even provide a cloud or VPS hosting. But it offers solid services for what the type of hosting it does provide.