HostGator Hosting Review
Are you guys looking for the affordable plans and easy set-up? If yes, then you have landed in the right place. Here you’ll get to know which one is the best options for hosting smaller businesses and larger businesses.
These days, there are lots of web hosting providers for you to choose, and deciding which hosts are better is not all that easy task. Since every provider has their own strengths and weaknesses, the only thing you have to do is you need to match them with your needs.
As you are looking for affordable plans and easy set-up, then HostGator is one of the best options for hosting smaller websites. HostGator offers comprehensive services to its clients from around the world.
Before we get into its features as well as its pros and cons, let’s take a detailed look at the HostGator hosting review to see if this is the right web host for you.
HostGator is considered as one of the largest and most well-known web hosts in the market, with over 90% customer satisfaction and more than 12,000 servers under management. Besides that, HostGator has been outstanding in terms of server reliability and its remarkable uptime record. They also offer dedicated and VPS options for those users whose sites grow to require the extra power.
In addition, HostGator also promises good customer services, where their support staff is available 24/7/365 to assist you through telephone or LifeChat with any hosting-related questions. HostGator also offers 45-days money back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with the plans, then you can cancel your hosting plan within 45 days for a complete refund.
We consider HostGator the best web hosting for running small businesses.
By the time you are finished reading this article, we hope this HostGator hosting review will surely help you to decide whether this is the right web hosting service for your needs. Now, let’s take a deep dive onto HostGator.
HostsGator came onto the hosting scene in October 2002 and was originally founded by the student from Florida Atlantic Univerisity, Brent Oxley. It is now based in Austin and Houston.
Since 2002, it has been growing exponentially and has successfully achieved its various benchmark like integration with Ecosystem Market Services and establishing a multi-national presence throughout the years. It hosts more than 8 million domain after all.
In early 2012, HostGator also opened up an office in India to expand their International reach. HostGator has become a true Host-In-India brand.
Features of HostGator
Although HostGator does not offer a free domain like other services it does have other advantages that make up for it.
First of all, it offers unlimited email accounts, sub-domains, and FTP accounts. It also offers unlimited bandwidth and storage. HostGator also offers its own drag-and-drop website builder for those customers who want to create their own site.
Secondly, HostGator offers WordPress hosting and one-click installs. It also offers support for the Drupal and Joomla content management systems, as well as Magento, a free e-commerce platform.
Thirdly, it offers many of the same add-ons that other website hosts provide, including cloud backup from CodeGuard and added site security from SiteLock.
Fourthly, HostGator offers free email marketing tools for those who want to build their audience with newsletters.
Pros and Cons of Using HostGator
Though HostGator may be an excellent hosting solution for a wide range of customer because of its server reliability and its remarkable uptime record, they also have a few disadvantages that users should know before investing in their produces. Following are some of the Pros of using HostGator:
- Solid Uptime and Service: A website is only useful when it’s up-and-running, stable and consistent. Fortunately, HostGator has been able to hit 99.9% uptime over the past ten months.
- Good Customer Support: They also provide customer support 24/7/365 via phone, live chat, and email (ticket system). You can also get in touch with their hosting expert by using their convenient Support Portal.
- 45-Day Money Back Guarantee: As we already mentioned the fact that HostGator provides us 45-days money back guarantee. However, in the case of the other web hosts we have reviewed so far, they offer a standard of 30-days money back guarantee. HostGator gives us an extra two weeks offer to test drive their offers before getting locked into one-to-three year term.
- User-Friendly for Beginners: HostGator is very user-friendly for beginners. They have FAQ pages, endless tutorials, and documents to help you at every turn with simple step-by-step walkthroughs and detailed explanations.
Here are just a few of the cons of using HostGator’s services:
- Not Fast Enough (Site Loading Time): HostGator displayed an average page loading times. Over the past few months, their average was 984 ms, which is a bit slower than the industry average of 890 ms. It is not considered that good especially when speed is factored into Google’s organic search (SEO) ranking algorithm and has been proven to hurt sales with each delayed second. In comparison to HostGator, in terms of site loading time, there are other smaller web hosts that deliver far better page loading times.
- Limited features: It is known that the features provided by HostGator are pretty good, and unlimited are also nice. However, HostGator does not offer shared hosting users a whole lot of extras. Another drawback of this type of hosting is it is not fully managed, you have to handle the administrative work and your website needs on your own. This means daily backups, updates to any core, plugins, or themes you use, and security measures, are all your responsibility.
- Pricy Domains: Another disadvantage is its pricy domain. Though they do offer convenience in managing everything when it comes to domain related, it is worth noting that some of their domain name prices are quite high. This is good for you to know all these things because if you do decide to go with a shared plan, then you can always register and renew your domain name with another less expensive company. You can also simply direct your DNS to HostGator straight from the cPanel.
Do We Recommend HostGator Shared?
HostGator is considered best web hosting for those who want to run small businesses or to host individual websites. If you are thinking to start a blog on WordPress or to build a simple portfolio website, then the cloud-based WordPress hosting of HostGator is perfect for you. It is also the best option for those who want a cheap hosting option.
While for running larger businesses or for running higher-traffic sites, we highly recommended you the better options for hosting like InMotion.
Nevertheless, HostGator is good and easy to work with. Its user-friendliness and good support make it a good choice for smaller sites.
HostGator Sale Coupon
Get the latest HostGator hosting sale coupon here!
- Get 30% off on all HostGator shared web hosting plans.
- One Click Installs
- Get free SSL Certificate and free dedicated IP.
- 45-days money-back guarantee