SiteGround is considered one of the most popular and recommended hosting companies in the WordPress community. Not only they are known for their fast reliable hosting plans but they are also known for the best 24/7 support in the industry.
SiteGround also provide unique in-house WordPress speed and security solutions to make your site as fast and secure as possible. But, is that really the case?
Before you sign up for SiteGround you must read the SiteGround hosting review to get the facts.
Want to know the reason as for why we have recommended you to choose SiteGround? It is because their hosting plans are flexible, and their customer support is one of the best in the industry. Besides that, it has a superb immediate speed and performance improvement.
It has amassed over 800, 00 domains names worldwide, with data centers across USA, Europe, and Asia.
Now let’s dive into the detailed SiteGround hosting review so that you guys can decide for yourself.
SiteGround was founded in the year 2004 and its headquarters are located in Sofia and Bulgaria. Since 2004, the company has grown into one of the most well-known hosting companies.
They offer a range of hosting services; from shared hosting, cloud hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS, reseller hosting, to dedicated servers and enterprise hosting. As of now, the company has more than 400 employees and hosts 800,00 domains.
Pros and Cons of using SiteGround:
As we all know that all the web companies have their own pros and cons. Some of you can live with and some you cannot ignore. Here are some of the pros and cons of SiteGround:
Pros: Some of the advantages of using SiteGrounds are mentioned below:
- Superfast Server: One of the main pro of SiteGround is its superfast server response time. It has superb fast server response time averaging about 190 ms over a six month period, which means that regardless of where your data gets stored, the information on your side i.e., both static and dynamic data can be delivered to a user’s browser almost instantaneously.
You must be wondering as of why all these matters! It really matters because it all has to do with user experience. Everyone wants the people who visit their site to have a little time as possible to consider navigating away. When your server responds better and quickly as the servers do, your users are likely to stay on your site.
- Top Notch Customer Support: The customer support of SiteGround is truly unparalleled. They offer 24/7 live chat and telephone support to their customers. You are also notified of how many customers are ahead of you, and in most cases the wait times are minimal. Their customer service reps are really very helpful, friendly, and patient, making them a particularly good choice for individuals who are in need of some hand-holding.
- Free Site Migration: Another main pro of SiteGround is its free site transfer service. This service applies to WordPress as well as other CMS platforms such as Joomla and Drupal, and single websites and static HTML websites.
- Multiple Server Location: The main reason behind their superfast server response time is that they allow their clients to access to multiple data centers located at various strategic locations around the globe. They have data centers available at Amsterdam, Chicago, London, Milan, and Singapore. More interestingly, when you sign up for hosting services, you get the opportunity to choose the locations as to where you want your data to be stored.
Cons: Despite being a wonderful host, SiteGround is not without its downside. Let’s talk about its main cons in compared to other hosts.
- Limited Storage: The first disadvantages of SiteGround is that they have a data storage limits as it ranges from 10GB at the low end to 30GB at the high end. It might affect those customers who have image/video heavy sites issues, however, it might be plenty for most text-based sites.
For this particular issue, one has to make their best guess about how much storage they will need to keep their site going and then see if one of the plans can work.
Startup: 10GB storage (works for non-CMS and non-WordPress driven sites).
GrowBig: 20GB (works for WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal driven sites).
GoGeek: 30GB (works for e-commerce as well as WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal driven sites)
- Higher price for the second term: You might get to enjoy 60% off the price tag as a new user but when your subscription once end, you are likely to pay the full price to renew your contract. It is advisable to max out your subscription term as a new user so that you will get to maximize your profits for more savings!
Conclusion: Is SiteGround A Good Host For You?
After reading the detailed SiteGround hosting review, you guys must be wondering whether SiteGround is a good host for you or not.
To clear up your doubt, I have brought some of the reasons as for why SiteGround is a good host to sign up.
Speed and Uptime: If you want fast and reliable web hosting service with the latest speed technologies like SSD drives, NGINX, PHP7, HTTP/2, and free Cloudflare CDN, then SiteGround is perfect for you.
Security: They provide unique security solutions like malware scans, free daily site backups, DDOs protection, and SSL Certificate.
They also offer shared hosting, cloud hosting, WordPress hosting, dedicated servers, and enterprise hosting plans.
Since they offer very reliable web hosting service for your websites, I highly recommend SiteGround for you.